Fashion Colloquium: Searching for the New Luxury
31 May 2018 – 1 June
Fashion Colloquium 2018
More than 30 international academics and creative practitioners will present their research on themes such as new materials, design for closed loops, aesthetic sustainability and emotional connectivity, redefining value systems, new business models and forms of organization, and the importance of agency in moving towards a more resilient future.
We will collectively engage in in-depth discussions on how to develop innovative approaches that help to create systemic change. The Fashion Colloquium will host:
– lectures and panel discussions by keynote speakers;
– paper presentations by academics and practice-based researchers and designers;
– creative contributions such as performances, participatory panel discussions and other creative interventions.
The first confirmed keynote speakers are:
• Kristine Harper, researcher and lecturer at KEA Copenhagen School of Design and Technology | author of ‘Aesthetic Sustainability – Product Design and Sustainable Usage’ (2017)
• Oskar Metsavaht, founder and style director of Brazilian fashion brand Osklen | founder of Instituto-E, a non-profit organization based in Brazil that encourages sustainable human development, with projects including the development of socially and environmentally friendly fabrics
• Timotheus Vermeulen, Associate Professor in Media, Culture and Society at University of Oslo | founder of the arts and culture platform Notes on Metamodernism